We have already discussed the many advantages of having a modular kitchen earlier. However, when people actually go to buy a modular kitchen, the whole process of making the final decision can get pretty confusing with the variety of brands and types available.
Question: Which one should you take?
It would be a good idea to jot down your requirements on a piece of paper first. For example, you could right down a list of items that simply have to be kept inside your kitchen and for which, provisions will have to be made by your designer / vendor. Also note down any other items for which you would like space to be created in your modular kitchen. This sounds like a small step but is very helpful while planning out your kitchen.
The following points will help you make a better decision:
- CUSTOMIZABILITY is the the most important factor to be considered while purchasing your modular kitchen. Does the brand allow you to customize your kitchen according to your requirements of space and budget? If not, you’re definitely better of looking somewhere else, no matter what the brand is.
- QUALITY. Does the kitchen on display look and “feel” good? Is it made of waterproof materials? Do not only consider how the kitchen looks from outside. Bright, flashy and decorative finishes can be given by any brand.
Open the shutters and pullout units and see what is there on the inside. How many stainless steel items are being provided? What is the grade of Stainless Steel used? 202 and 304 grade are considered good.
- PRICE. Are they being able to offer you something that is within your budget?
- How many items are they being able to include from the list that you have made?
- The colour and design of you kitchen should ideally match with your home decor. Can they change the colour and design of a kitchen on display that you like, to reasonably match your home? If their answer seems negative, then they probably will not be able to help you out with many other requirements on your list.
- Are they including a stainless steel sink with the kitchen?
- Is the store representative knowledgeable and confident about the modular kitchen on display? Or is he simply reading out jargon from the brochure?
- How many shutter designs and types are available with them? Are they able to provide you with high quality membrane finished shutters (We will be posting an article on membrane shutters very soon)? Are high gloss laminate finishes available with them?
- Are you satisfied with the amount of storage they are being able to create in your kitchen area?
These are some of the points that you might want to ponder over before making your final decision. Remember, once a modular kitchen is installed, it will be used for many years. Therefore, it is very important to get it right before signing that cheque 🙂